1. A picture of yourself and 15 facts:
a) I used to like filling out surveys like this all the time on MySpace, and finding really clever and unusual ways to answer.
b) MySpace is so awkward to use now that I can’t even force myself to log in to delete my account.
c) If I had been born after 2009 and thusly subject to the “new horoscope”, I would be born under the new sign – Ophiucus (Serpentarius).
d) I think horoscopes could be a bunch of bullshit anyway, but I still take mine pretty seriously.
e) I tattoo at CBT Studios in Hollywood, specializing in flowers, girly shit, baby mama and daddy names, and probably also in taking myself too seriously.
f) I teach art at a magnet middle school and I wouldn’t trade my job with any other teacher in the world.
g) My favorite art medium to work with is ink on skin or paper (markers, pen, drawing ink), and I’ve just recently (within the last year) started really *trying* to paint. I’m most comfortable with acrylic, and like to mess around with gouache and watercolor.
h) Before teaching and tattooing, I’d worked as a cashier at Home Depot and two grocery stores, a veterinary tech, a waitress at a pizza place, my mom’s personal file clerk at her job in a realty office, a promoter for natural dog food, a foot fetish model and a mermaid.
i) My boyfriend’s name is Jesus. Like the Lord. He tattoos with me and on me pretty often. In fact, he was tattooing me when I was writing this blog.
j) In April 2008 I graduated from college. My grandma was diagnosed with lung cancer in June, I got married at the end of that month, and started my first teaching job in August. My grandma passed away in February of 2009. I was laid off from my teaching job in June of that year, started a tattoo apprenticeship in July, and was re-hired to a new school in August. Moved back in with mom in September and separated from my husband the following May. I’m ready to settle down now.
k) I follow a mostly vegetarian diet, with two occasional exceptions: hot dogs and salami.
l) I’m fighting a philosophical battle in my mind right now about whether or not to get fake nails. It just seems like the only way my nails will always look acceptably clean and not filled with paint.
m) I have a gorgeous redheaded dog named Lucy and a portly grey and white cat named Presley, who has been blind since birth. Lucy was a Humane Society rescue from the aftermath of the 2005 hurricane season and Presley, well, blindly walked into my apartment about a year later.
n) I’ve spent time in Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and one cruise to the Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Honduras, Mexico).
o) I just bought my first DSLR camera and eventually will learn how to use it. Blogging helps.
Still to come in the 30 Day Challenge…..
2. A picture of you and person you’ve been the closest with the longest
3. A picture of the cast of your favourite show
4. A picture of your night
5. A picture of your favorite memory
6. A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day
7. A picture of most treasured item
8. A picture that makes you laugh
9. A picture of a person who has gotten you through the most
10. A picture of the person you do the most fucked up things with
11. A picture of something you hate
12. A picture of something you love
13. A picture of your favourite band or artist
14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
15. A picture of something you want to do before you die
16. A picture of someone who inspires you
17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture of you when you were little
20. A picture of somewhere you’d love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something your afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss